While stuck at home, you might have finally taken notice of the mistreated house plants that might be around your home. This could be a good time to explore new hobbies, or reinvigorate an old one, like keeping those houseplants alive! Even if you don’t have a “green thumb” our list of houseplants will prove to be viable for even the most clueless when it comes to gardening. The houseplants chosen are multipurpose and will help during and after quarantine!
- Snake Plant: The snake plant can survive in most environments and prefers bright light, but can survive in low light as well. It is not pet friendly, but can help to rid the air of nasty chemicals.
- Pothos: This plant is very similar to the snake plant the way it purifies the air and can survive in almost any environment. The only large difference is that it can grow up to 10 feet, so if you are not in the market for a large house plant this one is not for you.
- Dracaena: The Dracaena is your best bet if you are specifically looking for air purification. This plant grows very well indoors but is not safe for pets.
- Spider Plant: This plant has all of the same purification benefits as the others but is also super safe for your furry friends.
- Aloe Vera: We have written a piece on DIY hand sanitizer and this is one of the ingredients! If you need more convincing Aloe Vera can be used in face masks, after you experience minor burns with or without the sun. Aloe Vera is not difficult to maintain and is very beneficial!
If you are not willing to travel but are interested in planes for your home or otherwise, we have a couple of suggestions for you. The Sill and fromyouflowers.com are two awesome options that offer delivery of your green friends! From You Flowers even offers same day delivery!
Stay happy! Stay healthy! Keep your distance!